» Blog Category
» 10 Steps To Forming and Operating a Texas LLC or Texas Corporation
- Choose a corporation name and research to make sure it is available.
- Choose a Texas registered agent such as IncorporateMax, which is requirement to
have one on file per the Texas Secretary of State.
- Use an incorporation service such as IncorporateMax or yourself to prepare the formation papers
- File the formation papers with the Texas Secretary of State’s office.
- Acquire a federal employer identification number from IRS.
- Go to your bank and get your corporation account set up.
- If your service or product involves collecting sales tax, then get
an account set up with Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts
- Choose an accounting software that works best for your service/product
- Find an accountant in your local area for corporate income tax
consultation and annual IRS income tax filing
- Prepare the annual Texas franchise tax return and Public Information Report required by the Texas Comptroller of Public Account’s office